PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian diaspora in Myanmar: Top quotes
Following Prime Minister Narendra Modi's arrival in Yangon, Myanmar on Wednesday, he addressed a community program attended by the Indian diaspora.
Nay Pyi Taw: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on his three-day visit to Myanmar on his first bilateral trip, on Wednesday addressed a community program attended by the Indian diaspora.
During his address, the Prime Minister expressed his pleasure to be part of the event and termed Yangon a 'city of history and spirituality'.
Here, we take a brief look at top quotes of PM Narendra Modi:
- The Indian diaspora has contributed to the development of wherever they have settled. They also kept in touch with their roots
- Global recognition of Yoga is the achievement of the diaspora, which took Yoga all over the world
- We are not merely reforming India but are transforming India. A new India is being built
- An India free from poverty, terrorism, corruption, communalism, casteism is being created
- Good infrastructure is no longer about roads and rail only. It includes several other aspects that bring a qualitative change in society
- Infraculture is important. By infraculture, I mean quality infrastructure that benefits our farmers
- We have not shied away from taking decisions that are tough. For us, the nation is bigger than politics
- Goods and Services Tax is ushering in a new culture across the nation
- People of India have the confidence that India can be transformed and we can break free from some of the evils that entered our systems
- India is seen as a thought leader on the global stage
- People to people ties are the strength of India-Myanmar relations