Advertisement

2016 ICC World T20: After partying Bollywood style, Chris Gayle scores ton and declares himself 'Universe boss'

In the lead-up to the match, Gayle had been partying with Bollywood actress Sneha Ullal.

2016 ICC World T20: After partying Bollywood style, Chris Gayle scores ton and declares himself 'Universe boss'

New Delhi: West Indies cricket star Chris Gayle has been a thorough entertainer all his life on and off the field, and the big man has declared himself "universe boss" after smashing a brilliant ton at the ICC World Twenty20.

Gayle, who hit an unbeaten 100 off just 48 balls, helped West Indies beat England in Mumbai on Wednesday.

In the lead-up to the match, Gayle had been partying with Bollywood actress Sneha Ullal and then on the field he partied too with the ball. 

Gayle is dearly loved by fans all across India and after the match he declared himself as the 'universe boss', who entertained and delivered since the world is watching.

"The world is watching, so the universe boss got to deliver and he did today. The Gayle force got the better of England today,” the 36-year-old left-hander said.

The hard-hitting batsman also revealed he was inspired by the words of team-mate Sulieman Benn, who is also his beer partner.

"Sulieman said to me I had to go out and entertain him, that gave me the spark. I just try and keep people entertained around the world. That's my objective."

The actress shared pictures of Gayle and her on Twitter.

The actress had wished Gayle goodluck for the match against England and stated it was a fun and groovy party with the West Indian legend.

Earlier in the week too, the actress was partying at a Mumbai nightclub with Gayle and fellow West Indian star Darren Bravo who was launching his latest song 'Champion'.